Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Can You Name 619 People?

Facebook is--on balance--is not so lame.

Craigslist facilitates serial sketchiness, rape, murder. As well as the proliferation of offensive (but economical) home design. Unabashed promotion of fat-person sex is not my biggest objection (they are entitled to pleasure outside of that which I assume is rampant at places like Popeye's, Red's Shoe Barn, and public transportation)

Twitter is just terrible. TIME Magazine suggests--quite literally--on Twitter's website that Twitter is "killer."

MySpace is something I will never participate in.

Facebook, unfortunately, is also interested in tolerance. At one point Facebook only allowed certain university students access. Now the ridiculous fat kid with a bowl-cut from junior high that used to threaten to "meet me at the grave YAHD" and beat my face is looking for my Facebook hand in friendship.

He would have been 620.

I started looking through my 619 friends. I decided that, not only do I not have room for #620, but 619 is non-representative of my human asset profile.

I began deleting. Who did I target?

Met you once in a foreign country...X
We had a drink one time...of course not
High School...almost complete, actually
Generic name...sorry
Camps...well, which one, eh?
College friend...you never gave me the $15 to finish that essay.
College friend in Hong Kong...I never gave you that 150HKD that Economics essay.
Generally, if I took more than 0.5S to retrieve your name and face from my memory bank...later.

I recommend it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am glad i made the cut. that is how i found your blog. so amazing. i love reading about your adventures.

mindy